Convert each element of Text field to become Checkbox

Hi there,

I am looking for some suggestions with my below request.

Is it possible to convert each element of Job Description field (Text multi-line Datatype) to become the Checkbox?

For Example:

In the Job Description, the admin staff list different tasks for the Sparky's (Electricians, Plumbers) to complete and mark as done.

Like:

Check Smoke alarm data.
Replace smoke alarm.
Repair oven and many more

After creating the job, they want to turn each task in the Job Description into a checkbox that the Sparky's can mark as completed.

Like:

I hope this is clear. please let me know if you have any questions.

If that's not possible, please suggest alternative solutions to achieve this functionality.

Thank you so muchRelaxed

Parents
  • Why not create separate assignments instead of attempting to create and add entirely new properties? (eventually your system would become clogged up with hundreds of more or less similar properties).

Edit: This also has other advantages: assuming the main object is a work order or similar with a workflow you could use the workflow engine to automatically transition to a All Jobs Done state once the worker has completed all separate assignments.

I would also try to teach the admin staff to create those separate assignments right away instead of trying to programmatically convert a text field.

• Really appreciate your suggestions Martin
    Creating separate assignments is a viable option, it becomes a bit challenging for non-technical staff to complete both the separate assignments and the Jobs as they are using the mobile version of M-Files.
    Please let me know if you have some other advise.
    Cheers

Reply Children
No Data