Creating a reports PDF / Excel from metadata in M-Files

We have a new client who is interested in the M-Files system.

One of their requirements is to generate reports using data from M-Files.

The best solution would be a PDF report, formatted to include a lot of data in specific places.

The second solution could be an Excel file - I propose exporting the data from a view.

The issue with this approach is that it generates a CSV file, whereas the client prefers Excel, and they want all the data inserted into a table in Excel for visualization purposes.

Questions:

1. Does M-Files offer a solution for this issue?

2. I noticed that perhaps the Compile Kit has a solution. Do you have any tutorials demonstrating the final result?

Example for PDF file from there previous system:

Parents
  • M-Files doesn't have such report generation functionality built in but you can export data for reporting purposes with the Reporting and Data Export feature. Usually customers would export the data they need and then build their reports using any third-party BI tool such as Microsoft Power BI using the data in the reporting database. I'm sure there are some solutions on the market that could generate PDF reports as well but I don't have any recommendations.

For simple reporting needs, the CSV export from an M-Files view might work. Excel can open CSV files natively. You would need to check the detailed reporting requirement from the customer and see if this fits their needs.

• M-Files doesn't have such report generation functionality built in but you can export data for reporting purposes with the Reporting and Data Export feature. Usually customers would export the data they need and then build their reports using any third-party BI tool such as Microsoft Power BI using the data in the reporting database. I'm sure there are some solutions on the market that could generate PDF reports as well but I don't have any recommendations.

For simple reporting needs, the CSV export from an M-Files view might work. Excel can open CSV files natively. You would need to check the detailed reporting requirement from the customer and see if this fits their needs.

Children
No Data