Is it possible to import data from a spreadsheet to update existing objects in M-Files?

I am trying to establish if it is possible to use data from an excel spreadsheet, that contains the properties from an M-Files object and update that object in the Client?  I don't need all the properties updating just specific ones.

We have certain processes where a mass update is required on specific properties of an object/class that exists and I thought/hoped the M-Files Importer would achieve it but it doesn't look that way.

Any ideas much appreciated.  Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks

Kelly

Parents
  • 's comment is spot on.  We use the Import Tool to bulk upload several documents at once, as well as updating metadata only on several existing documents.  Each of those two tasks requires a different CSV file that's created for you by your M-Files Solution Architect.  You fill out the CSV file first, and then use the Import tool on the server to load the data.  You do need your M-Files Solution Architect's help in creating the appropriate CSV file, however, because it needs to jive with your M-Files Importer executable file on your server.

• 's comment is spot on.  We use the Import Tool to bulk upload several documents at once, as well as updating metadata only on several existing documents.  Each of those two tasks requires a different CSV file that's created for you by your M-Files Solution Architect.  You fill out the CSV file first, and then use the Import tool on the server to load the data.  You do need your M-Files Solution Architect's help in creating the appropriate CSV file, however, because it needs to jive with your M-Files Importer executable file on your server.

Children