Class group read/write permissions and inheritance of rights

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to manage permissions directly on a class group so that all affiliated classes inherit the same permissions.

The native interface of m-files admin only allows you to manage the permissions for ‘who can see’ on the class group, but there is no suggestion for modifying the read/write/delete rights.

I have a group containing a huge number of classes and it's a pain to have to adjust the permissions each time I create a new class. I'd like the new class to automatically take over the permissions of its group.

Thank you 

Parents
  • Class groups cannot affect object permissions unfortunately. Class groups are primarily designed as a UI help so it's easier for the user to select the correct class when creating a new document, for instance. They don't really provide other functionality.

I suggest considering if you actually need that many classes: could some of them be merged together so that you would use a value list property for the more detailed classification within the class? For instance, instead of having three separate classes for different types of agreements, just have one Agreement class and then a property "Agreement type" where you classify it further.

• just as I feared.
    Thank you for your reply. I'll see how to reorganize everything with a right assignment linked to the contents of a value list.

Reply Children
No Data