Explorer widget query operator

Hello Community, 

When configuring an explorer widget, the only option that I can use when setting up the metadata query is equal to, is there a way to add other operators (not equal, one of, etc).  I know I can set up a view in M-Files and then use the View widget - but it seems like extra work.  Any suggestions or plans to change this in the future?

Regards,

Irene

Parents
  • Hi Irene,

Indeed, the way to solve this is to rely on Views. Hubshare doesn't aim at replicating the full M-Files filtering capabilities and it's natural to rely on Views to achieve more advanced concepts like yours.

The advantage of this, is to always be sure you have the right result being listed because you rely on a centralized view. Also, if you have tons of widgets in multiple hubs relying on this view, later on, when you need to do changes on your filters, you do it one time in M-Files and it then applies to all the widgets/hubs immediately.

• Hi Irene,

Indeed, the way to solve this is to rely on Views. Hubshare doesn't aim at replicating the full M-Files filtering capabilities and it's natural to rely on Views to achieve more advanced concepts like yours.

The advantage of this, is to always be sure you have the right result being listed because you rely on a centralized view. Also, if you have tons of widgets in multiple hubs relying on this view, later on, when you need to do changes on your filters, you do it one time in M-Files and it then applies to all the widgets/hubs immediately.

Children