External Users edit documents in Hubs?

My current company doesn't use M-Files, but uses many Microsoft solutions. 

I wondered if my company did set up an M-Files Hub - could an external user be able to login and then edit the document? 

ie) an excel document? 

Is there an Office Online component that would allow externals to be in a document simultaneously as the host internal user? 

Many thanks for letting me know!

Parents
  • Hello,

When you set up M-Files in Hubshare, you are able to create a widget that displays the documents of your M-Files vault.

If you're invited to that hub, regardless of your status (external or internal user), you can edit the file via Office Online.

Co-authoring is not available at the moment, as you will check out the file and only the user who is editing it will have access to it, but that has been escalated to the Product team as a feature request (ID #4570) and they are aware of it.

I hope that this answers your questions.

• Hello,

When you set up M-Files in Hubshare, you are able to create a widget that displays the documents of your M-Files vault.

If you're invited to that hub, regardless of your status (external or internal user), you can edit the file via Office Online.

Co-authoring is not available at the moment, as you will check out the file and only the user who is editing it will have access to it, but that has been escalated to the Product team as a feature request (ID #4570) and they are aware of it.

I hope that this answers your questions.

Children
No Data