This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is M-Color? - Where does this category comes from?

Who decides which categories are needed? We should introduce 3-4 metadata for defining the forum tree, perhaps: Topic class (Best practice, development, Configuration, End user problem, Feature suggestion, ...), M-Files component / add-on (M-Files Admin, New Web Client, Process Maps, ...), language: ALL or 1-n specified languages (interesting e.g. for DACH region), perhaps also Branch (Finance, Lawyer, Trade, Public Sector, ..., private user's small version(?))

Parents
  • One thing I would highlight is that the more forums we create, the more diluted the content becomes.  With the volume of posts we are getting right now, I would be concerned about spreading that over many more forums.  Additionally: providing the number of forums you just mentioned may also add navigational/UX issues.

One alternate approach which may work would be to keep the existing forum categories (both public and private), and enable "tags".  We have looked at enabling tags before, although there are some practical issues with the software we're using that we are keen to avoid first.  Tags would allow us to create methods of tying together threads across multiple forums and listing them in one place; were you interested in Process Maps, for example, you could easily list all posts with that tag regardless of which forum it was posted in.

• One thing I would highlight is that the more forums we create, the more diluted the content becomes.  With the volume of posts we are getting right now, I would be concerned about spreading that over many more forums.  Additionally: providing the number of forums you just mentioned may also add navigational/UX issues.

One alternate approach which may work would be to keep the existing forum categories (both public and private), and enable "tags".  We have looked at enabling tags before, although there are some practical issues with the software we're using that we are keen to avoid first.  Tags would allow us to create methods of tying together threads across multiple forums and listing them in one place; were you interested in Process Maps, for example, you could easily list all posts with that tag regardless of which forum it was posted in.

Children
No Data