Is it possible to create views using the REST API?

I cannot find any documentation that explicitly states whether or not it is possible to create views using the REST API (or programmatically in general). 

I have a use case where I need to create a large number of views, and using the REST API I can navigate through the views/folders/locations where these new views need to be created.  Ideally I would be able to create the new views as my program walks through the existing vault structure.

I have tested some code (python) and I am able to create objects of various classes and assign properties, but I have not found a way to create a view from the REST API.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Parents Reply
  • We have a large numbers of virtual folders (hundreds) that are divided into many categories (dozens).  Each of these virtual folders needs a set of views underneath them that are filtered based on the name of the folder above them.

- Category View
         - Virtual Folder 1
              - View 1 (filtered for name of Virtual Folder 1)
              - View 2 (filtered for name of Virtual Folder 2)
         - Virtual Folder 2
              - View 1 (filtered for name of Virtual Folder 1)
              - View 2 (filtered for name of Virtual Folder 2)

We have template views created but we need to edit the Filter on that view once it is copied or created underneath the Virtual Folder so that Filter uses the name of the Virtual Folder.

I'm open to any suggestions to make this easier/faster/more efficient!

Children