Workflow State Advanced Pre-Conditions - VBS - How to check that only one of two properties are empty?

I have Advanced Conditions (VBscript) for a precondition of a workflow state. I tried to find an example script as template but I couldn't find one for the Advanced Conditions check on a workflow state. 

The goal is to check if one of the properties which are value lists contains a value. If one of the properties contains a value then it is allowed to move into the state (precondition).

I now have created a draft but it doesn't work. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you

Option Explicit

' Define the property IDs
Dim PropIdSitzung, PropIdZirkularbeschluss
PropIdSitzung = GetPropID("prop.Sitzung") ' prop.Sitzung is Value List
PropIdZirkularbeschluss = GetPropID("prop.Zirkularbeschluss") ' prop.Zirkularbeschluss is Value List

' Get property values
Dim SitzungValue, ZirkularbeschlussValue
SitzungValue = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(PropIdSitzung).TypedValue
ZirkularbeschlussValue = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(PropIdZirkularbeschluss).TypedValue

' Check if at least one of the properties is not empty
If Not SitzungValue.IsNULL Or Not ZirkularbeschlussValue.IsNULL Then
    AllowStateTransition = True
Else
    AllowStateTransition = False
    Err.Raise mfscriptcancel, "Both 'Sitzung' and 'Zirkularbeschluss' properties are empty. State transition is not allowed."
End If

' Function to get property ID by alias
Public Function GetPropID(alias)
    GetPropID = Vault.PropertyDefOperations.GetPropertyDefIDByAlias(alias)
End Function

• I would use something like this

Option Explicit

PropIdZirkularbeschluss = GetPropID("prop.Zirkularbeschluss") ' prop.Zirkularbeschluss is Value List

' Get property values
    SitzungValue = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(PropIdSitzung).TypedValue.DisplayValue
    ZirkularbeschlussValue = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(PropIdZirkularbeschluss).TypedValue.DisplayValue

If Len(SitzungValue) > 0 Or Len(ZirkularbeschlussValue) > 0 Then
    Else
        Err.Raise mfscriptcancel, "Both 'Sitzung' and 'Zirkularbeschluss' properties are empty. State transition is not allowed."
    End If

• Thank you, that helped. However I also had to declare AllowStateTransition as a variable for it to work. Do you know why I can not use .IsNull for the IF statement and why it's better to use len()?

The final script

Option Explicit

' Get property values
    SitzungValue = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(PropIdSitzung).TypedValue.DisplayValue
    ZirkularbeschlussValue = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(PropIdZirkularbeschluss).TypedValue.DisplayValue

Dim AllowStateTransition
    If Len(SitzungValue) > 0 Or Len(ZirkularbeschlussValue) > 0 Then
    Else
        Err.Raise mfscriptcancel, "Beide Eigenschaften 'Sitzung' und 'Zirkularbeschluss' sind leer. Bitte wähle einen Wert für mindestens eine er Eigenschaften um den Prozess in den nächsten Status zu versetzen."
    End If

' Function to get property ID by alias
    Public Function GetPropID(alias)
        GetPropID = Vault.PropertyDefOperations.GetPropertyDefIDByAlias(alias)
    End Function