This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

API for Outlook

Does anyone have a sample where when a user sends an email from outlook a question is asked "Do you want to save to M-files? Yes or No"

If the user clicks yes the save/properties window is displayed

;D
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member

I think it can be done with an office macro but need to do some research

Macro could be one solution, as you stated.

Also, if you want to adapt the "common mail box" solution, at least in Outlook 2007 you can set actions for outgoing emails too. Maybe you can run a some sort of custom action there, and pop up the meta data card of M-Files. Or ask if this should be sent to M-Files' box (in cc).

Edit: I had a quick look on Outlook 2007 and its VBA interface. It seems to me that making such feature (save in M-Files when sending) would not be that hard.

Best regards,
    Samppa
  • Former Member
    Former Member

I think it can be done with an office macro but need to do some research

Macro could be one solution, as you stated.

Also, if you want to adapt the "common mail box" solution, at least in Outlook 2007 you can set actions for outgoing emails too. Maybe you can run a some sort of custom action there, and pop up the meta data card of M-Files. Or ask if this should be sent to M-Files' box (in cc).

Edit: I had a quick look on Outlook 2007 and its VBA interface. It seems to me that making such feature (save in M-Files when sending) would not be that hard.

Best regards,
    Samppa
Children
No Data