This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Read/Write multiselect property

Former Member
Former Member
Guys, I again need your help. I'm going crazy with a (i think simple) problem, maybe you can help me out?
I've got a "onboarding" document, containing a multi-select property called "Department". It's a simple "choose from list Departments (multiselect).
At the And of the Onboarding, I create a Employee Object in the workflow and "copy" some of the onboarding property values. That works fine! I can copy text and single select (lookup).

What drives me crazy is to read a multiselect and write the same values to the "same" property in the new employee object.

I tried alot... at the moment i try it this way:

Read Multi-Select property

' Abteilung/Department
Dim ilookups_abteilung : set ilookups_abteilung = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(1234).TypedValue.GetValueAsLookups

Write to the new object

' Abteilung
oPropVal.PropertyDef = 1234
oPropVal.TypedValue.SetValue MFDatatypeMultiSelectLookup, ilookups_abteilung
oPropValues.Add -1, oPropVal

That gives me a "type conflict"
What's the problem?
Regards
Chris
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member
    Dear Craig,

thank you very much for your detailed explanation!
    SetValueToMultiSelectLookup was exactly the missing part! You made my day!!!

I'm really happy to find (slowly) into M-Files VBScripting. Because we use more and more workflows, it would not be possible to solve some needs without that.

Many regards
    Chris
  • Former Member
    Former Member
    Dear Craig,

thank you very much for your detailed explanation!
    SetValueToMultiSelectLookup was exactly the missing part! You made my day!!!

I'm really happy to find (slowly) into M-Files VBScripting. Because we use more and more workflows, it would not be possible to solve some needs without that.

Many regards
    Chris
Children
No Data