This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving into new state using a dialog box

Former Member
Former Member

Hi everyone,

I would like to use a dialog box to prompt user to move the object into a new state after the user have clicked the ?Create? or ?Save? button on the meta data card.

The dialog box should have the following question:
?Would you like to move this object into the next state??
The user can then click ?Yes? or ?No?.

Would this be possible to do with a VBS script?

Parents
  • Hi Toco,

Hope I understood it correctly. You could implement Vault UI app for such things. I think this could be even what you want: https://github.com/M-Files/MFilesSamplesAndLibraries/blob/master/Samples/UIX%20Applications/ConfirmWorkflowStateChange/vaultui.js.

We use similar approach for validation where properties are generally non-mandatory but in case user tries to move the document into the next workflow state, the error is raised in case not at least one document is provided. You can use Event_SetPropertiesOfObjectVersion event for that.

The good thing is that you do not show error details which is kind of annoying if you use server-side actions (pre-condition check). Nevertheless, in case of validation be aware that you always need to have the same validation on a server side as Vault UI app is just a script located on the user machine and if user finds it, he/she can very easily disable it. 

Dejan

• Hi Toco,

Hope I understood it correctly. You could implement Vault UI app for such things. I think this could be even what you want: https://github.com/M-Files/MFilesSamplesAndLibraries/blob/master/Samples/UIX%20Applications/ConfirmWorkflowStateChange/vaultui.js.

We use similar approach for validation where properties are generally non-mandatory but in case user tries to move the document into the next workflow state, the error is raised in case not at least one document is provided. You can use Event_SetPropertiesOfObjectVersion event for that.

The good thing is that you do not show error details which is kind of annoying if you use server-side actions (pre-condition check). Nevertheless, in case of validation be aware that you always need to have the same validation on a server side as Vault UI app is just a script located on the user machine and if user finds it, he/she can very easily disable it. 

Dejan

Children
No Data