This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Not enough quota is available to process this command.

Hello,
we write COM.API methods for communication with web service (REST API). We need send some object types (bussines partners...) - a lot of records at first synchronization, only news later.
The method is correct (the companies data are sending and creating in the target web service), but WinServer/M-Files takes message sometimes:

MetadataViewerWnd.cpp, 825, Not enough quota is available to process this command. (0x80070718)
MetadataViewerWnd.cpp, 1208, Not enough quota is available to process this command. (0x80070718)
MetadataViewerThread.cpp, 955, Not enough quota is available to process this command. (0x80070718)
UIHelper.cpp, 707, Not enough quota is available to process this command. (0x80070718)
(M-Files 20.2.8777.3)

M-Files log nothing, System Eventlog nothing.

We run this process in script on workflow-state.
Is some tip for remove this error message?

Thanks,
Olda
  • The "Not enough quota" error message typically refers to the fact that some of the local machine resources (memory, handles etc.) are running out. Using VAF background operations for the syncing might be an option but I'm not familiar with how these differ in resource handling from workflow scripts. Craig may be able to expand on that.
  • Thank you Joonas, we try your tip.
    I'm thinking about synchronization based on automatic field in object type = start sync automatically every time it changes. Is this technique also applicable to initial synchronization for a large number of records?
    O.
  • My personal guidance would be to move this synchronisation into a VAF background operation, as Joonas suggested. Anything else (event handler, workflow state action, etc.) will be processed synchronously and is bad architecture for synchronisation of large volumes of objects.

However, I am concerned as to the error message you're getting. If this error is being thrown by the server-side code then it indicates that there may be a resource issue on the server. If that's the case then moving the code to a VAF background operation, whilst being the correct thing to do, may not directly solve the issue (as it may still run out of resources). My suggestion would be to look at the code at the same time and see whether there are optimisations that could be made as part of the process of migrating to the background operation.

Regards,

Craig.