The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2 If VBScript

I need some help with my script.

My script should be checking 2 properties

If PropVal is not "Self" the other value (Contact) should be Null or empty.

Option Explicit

Dim szPropertyName, szPropVal
szPropertyName = PropertyDef.Name
szPropVal = PropertyValue.GetValueAsUnlocalizedText

If not szPropVal = "Self" then
Dim szContactVal : szContactVal = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(1257).TypedValue.DisplayValue

If szContactVal <> "Self" Then
Err.Raise MFScriptCancel, "ContactVal should be empty."

End if
End if

Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi eihr0921,
    I have a question so that we can give you a proper solution.

What data type is the property definition that holds the value of "Self"?

If this is a list, you could use the metadata card configuration to hide the Contact property definition is the "Self" item is selected; assuming you are on a current version of M-Files. This would remove the need for scripting. 

If it is text-based, then you would place a validation script in the Contact property definition; which I can help you create the script.

-Sean

• Actually i can do it on the configuration, but unfortunately this properties are implemented long enough that might affect old documents. I mistyped my validation script, but you're right it will be text-based or string. Here is the example below.

If the user selected the a value that is not "Self" on Property1, then Property2 should be empty. 

But this only applies if Property1 has a value. 

Option Explicit

Dim szPropertyName, szPropertyval1
    szPropertyval1 = PropertyValue.GetValueAsUnlocalizedText

If not szPropertyval1  = "Self" then
    Dim szPropertyval2 : szPropertyval2 = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(1257).TypedValue.DisplayValue

If isNull (szPropertyval2) = False Then
    Err.Raise MFScriptCancel, "szPropertyval2 should be empty."

End if
    End if

Thank you in advance.

• Actually i can do it on the configuration, but unfortunately this properties are implemented long enough that might affect old documents. I mistyped my validation script, but you're right it will be text-based or string. Here is the example below.

If the user selected the a value that is not "Self" on Property1, then Property2 should be empty. 

But this only applies if Property1 has a value. 

Option Explicit

Dim szPropertyName, szPropertyval1
    szPropertyval1 = PropertyValue.GetValueAsUnlocalizedText

If not szPropertyval1  = "Self" then
    Dim szPropertyval2 : szPropertyval2 = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(1257).TypedValue.DisplayValue

If isNull (szPropertyval2) = False Then
    Err.Raise MFScriptCancel, "szPropertyval2 should be empty."

End if
    End if

Thank you in advance.

Children
No Data