This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What are the ways to export data from M-files server in real tim?

Hello,

What are the ways i can export the data from M-files server in real time? Because on Reporting and Data export i can schedule it like every hour. But if i have alot of data to export it takes hours to finish the export task.  Is there a way to pull information or data from M-files server? 

Parents
  • With our MFSQL Connector you can pull Metadata from M-Files into a SQL Database in near real-time. 

• What i am actually looking for is a way to to pull information on M-files vault. Because we need to a near real time information to be sent to other entity. Basically if there any changes on the object we need to pull those information and send it right away with automation.  I we will do it on an export schedule like on routine schedule, exporting to SQL data base will also consume time. So we need to pull direct information from the m-files vault itself. Thank you.

• You can possibly use event handlers and custom code to do this, but I can't think of anything "off the shelf" that's real-time. 

• I have used standard export feature to export documents that has been changed (only delta) and move them into other vault over secured channel. It is not permanent but you could schedule it to run pretty frequently.

In other scenario, I have a case where at the end of the workflow document with metadata file is exported and saved on the share drive. That is permanent but of course limited on document types covered by that workflow.

Perhaps you could consider those cases.

Wondering if you want to sync all documents or only specific ones.

Dejan

• I have used standard export feature to export documents that has been changed (only delta) and move them into other vault over secured channel. It is not permanent but you could schedule it to run pretty frequently.

In other scenario, I have a case where at the end of the workflow document with metadata file is exported and saved on the share drive. That is permanent but of course limited on document types covered by that workflow.

Perhaps you could consider those cases.

Wondering if you want to sync all documents or only specific ones.

Dejan

Children
No Data