This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Workflow State Script access to Triggering Assignment?

Hi All,

Scenario is a Document Workflow that has a Publish State that creates an Assignment. When the Assignment is completed it automatically triggers the movement into the Published State that sets a Status property to "Published." I'd also like to capture on the Document metadata the Publish Timestamp as the Completed time of the triggering task. But I don't see a way to get a handle on the specific Assignment that triggered the state transition. I also am not sure that the Last Modified Date of the assignment is the best value to use but there doesn't seem to be a Completed On property to use instead.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Thanks,

Jason

Parents
  • Given that the workflow action sets the Status property it should be possible to also have an action to add a timestamp to a property at the same moment. You may need an action script to do this. Alternatively, you can add a property with validation script that sets the value to now() if it is empty, meaning that the value will be set at the moment when the property is added to the object and not changed after that.

• Given that the workflow action sets the Status property it should be possible to also have an action to add a timestamp to a property at the same moment. You may need an action script to do this. Alternatively, you can add a property with validation script that sets the value to now() if it is empty, meaning that the value will be set at the moment when the property is added to the object and not changed after that.

Children