The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VAF and user rights

Hi all,

looking for advice.

Got app which combine dashboard + VAF, to VAF i sending objid, version and neccessary knowings for some of my operations on object.

I figured, that all operations which VAF made are under server account, so everything is possible, but lately i need apply user right on that

object, so if actually logged on user run this app (this information i know) and dont have edit user rights, i need to dont allow this operation.

Never worked with user right, so there i need advice, how i figure out if user has rights to edit object which objid i send to VAF?

Thanks

Martin D.

Parents
  • Hi again,

with a little digging i found a solution

env.Vault.ObjectOperations.GetObjectPermissions(ObjVer).AccessControlList.CustomComponent.GetACEByUserOrGroupID(env.CurrentUserID,false)

Tested it on some object and effective rights on it and its really it.

• Hi again,

with a little digging i found a solution

env.Vault.ObjectOperations.GetObjectPermissions(ObjVer).AccessControlList.CustomComponent.GetACEByUserOrGroupID(env.CurrentUserID,false)

Tested it on some object and effective rights on it and its really it.

Children
No Data