This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Workflow state change - Based on date

Hi,

I have a workflow for AR Invoices, at 7 days past the due date of the invoice an assignment is Created for AR to take action. This is working fine, except for it seems to be going into this state more than once if the AR person completes the assignment the same day it was assigned. Is there anyway to prevent it from going into this state more than once?

Filter going into state (7 Days Past Due) from <30 - 

State change happens after assignment completion back to the <30 state.

Parents
  • Hi,

Except that this kind of looping design is not allowed in M-Files and the only way I've been told to get around it is with a script.
    However, one must be very careful with this so as not to cause an infinite loop.
    Without having more data on what actions are set in the 7 days step as well as in the reverse transition,
    I assume that the return from the 7 days state to the <30 state is done exactly with a script.
    In this case, to prevent the infinite loop, I would first add another boolean property - For example - "7 days NotificationFlag",
    which at the beginning of the workflow (or somewhere else appropriate)
    I would set to No - "7 days NotificationFlag" = No.
    When entering the 7 days step in the action tab, I would set it to Yes - "7 days NotificationFlag" = Yes,
    and in the transition filter from <30 to 7 days, I would add another condition to pass "7 days NotificationFlag"=No

• Hi,

Except that this kind of looping design is not allowed in M-Files and the only way I've been told to get around it is with a script.
    However, one must be very careful with this so as not to cause an infinite loop.
    Without having more data on what actions are set in the 7 days step as well as in the reverse transition,
    I assume that the return from the 7 days state to the <30 state is done exactly with a script.
    In this case, to prevent the infinite loop, I would first add another boolean property - For example - "7 days NotificationFlag",
    which at the beginning of the workflow (or somewhere else appropriate)
    I would set to No - "7 days NotificationFlag" = No.
    When entering the 7 days step in the action tab, I would set it to Yes - "7 days NotificationFlag" = Yes,
    and in the transition filter from <30 to 7 days, I would add another condition to pass "7 days NotificationFlag"=No

Children
No Data