This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Set LastModifedBy when updating properties from a service account

Hi all,

I wand to create and update documents in m-files from an ERP system.
The ERP system has it's own user database. M-Files is using Windows auth.

For testing I've setup a small service that gets new and updated documents from the ERP system and updates m-files via REST-API accordingly.
The service authenticates in m-files with a service account.
The service has a mapping between ERP users and m-files users.

When creating new documents CreatedBy and LastUpdatedBy are set with the correct mapped m-files user (by setting properties 23 and 25).

But when I update metadata via a call to /objects/(type)/(objectid)/(version)/properties LastUpdatedBy is set to my service account and not to the user I put in property 23.

Is there a way to set the LastUpdatedBy to another user in this scenario?

thanks
Tobias

Parents
  • Hi all,

as I haven't received any answers yet, I'll try to formulate my question better/shorter/simpler.
    I think it should be pretty easy to answer for the moderators.

When updating a document via REST-API can I set the property LastUpdatedBy (ID=23) to a value specified in my request?
    I don't want it to be set to the caller, because the caller is a service account.

thank you very much
    Tobias

• Hi all,

as I haven't received any answers yet, I'll try to formulate my question better/shorter/simpler.
    I think it should be pretty easy to answer for the moderators.

When updating a document via REST-API can I set the property LastUpdatedBy (ID=23) to a value specified in my request?
    I don't want it to be set to the caller, because the caller is a service account.

thank you very much
    Tobias

Children
No Data