The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bad Request 400 when Uploading file to an object

I am getting below message when adding file to an existing object. I m using c#:

{"Status":400,"URL":"/objects/0/18222/latest/files/upload","Method":"POST","Exception":{"Name":"ArgumentException","Message":"Malformed data."},"Stack":"Error reference ID: ccff6cb1-a969-4574-beac-fe7bbeb2e7a6","Message":"Malformed data.","IsLoggedToVault":true,"IsLoggedToApplication":true,"ExceptionName":"ArgumentException"}

Below is my request:

{"UploadID":4,"Title":"test1234","Extension":"txt","Size":40,"FileInformationType":0,"TempFilePath":""}

Thanks

Parents
  • I think the data you send should be a collection.  So something like this:

[{"UploadID":4,"Title":"test1234","Extension":"txt","Size":40,"FileInformationType":0,"TempFilePath":""}]

• Hi Craig,

Thanks for reply after your mentioned update, I am receiving below error message:

{"ErrorCode":"11","Status":404,"URL":"/objects/0/18222/latest/files/upload","Method":"POST","Exception":{"Name":"COMException","Message":"Not found.","InnerException":{"Name":"MFilesException","Message":"Not found.","StackText":"Error reference ID: 56118aa7-47dd-4788-aa8c-d250dbef0754","ErrorCode":"11"}},"Stack":"Error reference ID: 56118aa7-47dd-4788-aa8c-d250dbef0754","Message":"Not found.","IsLoggedToVault":true,"IsLoggedToApplication":true,"ExceptionName":"COMException"}

• So it seems that the request is now valid, but something in the content isn't valid.  Double-check all the various IDs in the request.

• Hi Craig,

There is really confusion about what is the correct path for I am uploading file to an existing object: I have used below options

">192.168.10.5/.../" + results1.Items[0].DisplayID + "/"+ results1.Items[0].ObjVer.Version + "/files/upload

">192.168.10.5/.../" + results1.Items[0].DisplayID + "/"+ results1.Items[0].ObjVer.ID + "/files/upload

Also

">192.168.10.5/.../" + results1.Items[0].DisplayID + "/" + results1.Items[0].ObjVer.Version + "/files/upload

All of them returning NotFound status code as above.

Thanks for your suport

• That doesn't look right.

The URI should be "/objects/{objectTypeID}/{internalObjectID}/{version}/files/upload".  "version" can be the string "latest" in some situations too.

Also be careful that the display ID may not be what you want.  Read more here: Internal and External IDs (m-files.com)

You probably want:

// Without a specific version number (always the latest one available to this user):
    var uri = "https://.../REST/objects/" + results1.Items[0].ObjVer.Type + "/" + results1.Items[0].ObjVer.ID + "/latest/files/upload";

// With a specific verison number:
    var uri = "https://.../REST/objects/" + results1.Items[0].ObjVer.Type + "/" + results1.Items[0].ObjVer.ID + "/" + results1.Items[0].ObjVer.Version + "/files/upload";

• I was following the below format as per the documentation (developer.m-files.com/.../) 

localhost/.../{checkedOutObjectVersion.ObjVer.ID}/{checkedOutObjectVersion.ObjVer.Version}/files/upload.aspx

I am checking your suggestion and will update.

Thanks

• Something about this forum software interferes with links.  It seems to truncate them (adding in "..." and shortening them) quite a lot.  It makes it difficult to see exactly what you're doing.

The point I was making was to double-check the IDs, and to not use the DisplayID in the path (DisplayID may or may not be the same as the internal ID, and that could be what's going wrong here depending upon the vault itself).

• Thanks Craig for your help the issue has been fixed.

Reply Children
No Data