This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to check if the document was replaced in Vault application

In the VAF I am listening to an event of "MFEventHandlerBeforeCheckInChangesFinalize", Inside this event, I need to check only if the document was replaced by another document and not edited the existing document.

I tried using FilVer, but it gets updated if the document is updated or replaced.

Is there any other event to listen to for such a use case or any other way to achieve it?

Thank You,

Yash

Parents
  • You want to differentiate between an edited document and a document that's been completely replaced?

Let's say I have a text document in M-Files.  I check it out and open the file in a text editor.  I delete all the content.  I add some new content to the file.  I check it in.

Is this updated or replaced?  I physically took all the content out and put new content in.

I struggle to see how you could realistically differentiate.

• No, what I meant by replacing the document is you already have a document in m-files now you drag and drop another document on top of it and it asks you, do you want to replace the file ?, I need to listen to that event.

• By the time that gets to the server, it has no knowledge of that.  It just knows that the file content is different to what it was before.

Even in UIX (client-side) code I don't think there is a specific event fired that would allow you to differentiate.

Reply Children