COM API Checkum Functions in REST API

Hi All, 

The only mention of checksum is in the COM API with the functions of FindFilesByChecksumWithStringDigests and FindFilesByChecksumWithNumbersDigest.

I am wondering if there is anything like this in the REST API? I have searched documentation but nothing pops up with anything related to Checksum in the REST API. 

Pretty much what I am trying to do is search the vault for a checksum that matches a checksum I give it. 

So two questions:

1. Any way to get the functionality of the COM API checksum in the REST API?'

2. If I give it an MD5 hash, how is it checking for checksum if y'alls hash is proprietary? Is it decoding the proprietary part and checking against the MD5 hash after? 

Appreciate the insight!

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi, 

Unfortunately these COM API methods are not well documented. These methods were really designed for internal use, and I think that these being visible in the public COM API is probably an accident. That said: I can ask for some guidance, but please note that this may take some time to properly guide you on.

I am personally out of the office for this week. I know that have asked the same to Jimmy Newman, and I know that he will continue to try to assist separate to this post. 

To expose this via the REST API you would need to create a custom vault extension method.

Regards, 

Craig. 

• Hi, 

Unfortunately these COM API methods are not well documented. These methods were really designed for internal use, and I think that these being visible in the public COM API is probably an accident. That said: I can ask for some guidance, but please note that this may take some time to properly guide you on.

I am personally out of the office for this week. I know that have asked the same to Jimmy Newman, and I know that he will continue to try to assist separate to this post. 

To expose this via the REST API you would need to create a custom vault extension method.

Regards, 

Craig. 

Children
No Data