Mark for Archiving

How do you retrieve the 'Mark for Archiving' property?  Basically, if an object it marked for archiving I want its name to have a suffix of 'ARCHIVED'.

Parents
  • Hello,

I would like to ask something similar. I would like to check the marked objects for archiving before I remove the old version. Can I set this in view or is there any other solution to listing them?

Thanks

• There are several ways this can be done, one option is that you add a new Boolean property such as "Ready for archiving" which you add to the object metadata with value "Yes" whenever the object is ready for archiving. You can do this to multiple objects in one go by selecting all of them in M-Files Desktop (typically up to 500 objects in one listing).

With this approach you can easily create a view such as "Objects ready for archiving" (filter "Ready for archiving = Yes") and also the export filter can use that property when you are actually archiving them.

You can restrict the visibility of this property to certain user groups if you don't want all users to be able to mark objects for archiving.

• There are several ways this can be done, one option is that you add a new Boolean property such as "Ready for archiving" which you add to the object metadata with value "Yes" whenever the object is ready for archiving. You can do this to multiple objects in one go by selecting all of them in M-Files Desktop (typically up to 500 objects in one listing).

With this approach you can easily create a view such as "Objects ready for archiving" (filter "Ready for archiving = Yes") and also the export filter can use that property when you are actually archiving them.

You can restrict the visibility of this property to certain user groups if you don't want all users to be able to mark objects for archiving.

Children