Cannot get REST error

Hi guys

I got one strange problem in an m-files environment which have not happened before.

M-Files Web incl. REST ist properly installed, M-Files Web can be used and login works.

However, when I tried to use a public link, it always says:

Cannot GET /SharedLinks.aspx

The same happens, when I enter /REST -> Cannot GET /REST

But using postman I can call the REST API without problems, calling /server/authenticationtokens, I get the key back.

On the other hand, the new "Visitor Link" function works and the browser gives me the page back where I have to enter my e-mail address.

Anyone could imagine where the issue/cause could be?

Kind regards,
Dario

Parents
  • I wouldn't expect "/REST" to work; there's no endpoint under that specific address.  You might want instead "/REST/objects/0", perhaps, note that even then that doesn't work directly in a browser (use Postman).

What specifically is your concern here?  Is it the shared link or something related to the REST API?  If it's the shared link then could it be that the address (e.g. domain) for the shared link is slightly incorrect?  If it's the REST API then can you show the full request (obscure the domain) that doesn't work in Postman, and the associated request that does work (again: obscure the domain and the response) for the tokens?

• Hi Craig

Thanks for your answer.

Maybe I didn't express the actual issue precisely.

The issue is just that the M-Files public link is not accessable. The link is generated, but when trying to open it in a browser, there is the Cannot GET /SharedLinks.aspx message in the browser window.

That's why I investigated several things and according to this everything, such as M-Files Web, the API in general and even the new visitor link function is working properly. So I don't know why the normal "Public Link" function is not working.

Example: 
    m-files.domain.ch/SharedLinks.aspx

So the Vault GUID is correct as well as the M-Files domain...

What can be the problem?
    Never seen any issues so far with this function until now.

• I can't see any issues in our tracker about this.  I don't think it's directly related to the REST API, especially if Classic Web works correctly.  It sounds more like an issue with the link itself.

The only thing I can think of is that the address of MFWA is not configured correctly on the vault.  If that's not the case then it may be worth creating asupport issue via your reseller to see whether they can dig into it further.

• I can't see any issues in our tracker about this.  I don't think it's directly related to the REST API, especially if Classic Web works correctly.  It sounds more like an issue with the link itself.

The only thing I can think of is that the address of MFWA is not configured correctly on the vault.  If that's not the case then it may be worth creating asupport issue via your reseller to see whether they can dig into it further.

Children
No Data