C# Rest Api TLS/SSL Connection Error

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect to the cash register with the AuthenticateUsingCredentials function. While establishing a connection to the vault, I receive the error: The underlying connection was closed: "The trust relationship could not be established within the SSL/TLS secure channel. The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure." There is no error in the username and password. Additionally, no changes have been made to the codes. What is the reason for receiving such an error in the previously accessed vault? What change should I make? Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Parents Reply
  • I really don't know what else to say, so I think this is probably going to be my last post on this thread.  Maybe someone else can give you some other guidance.

What you're describing makes complete sense if you read the link I sent you in the very first post.

One of the potential issues in the link is that the SSL certificate has expired.  That would entirely explain why you didn't have an issue but you do now.  Another potential issue in the link is that the SSL certificate chain can't be validated/trusted, which might be caused when the SSL certificate were renewed and reapplied depending upon the certification authority that was used.  That would also entirely explain why you didn't have an issue but you do now.  Another potential issue in the link is self-signed certificates (which is related to the certification chain being unable to be valdiated/trusted), potentially as part of a renewal process.  That would also entirely explain why you didn't have an issue but you do now.

You need to speak to someone actually involved in the infrastructure there.  Someone who, perhaps, has changed something (or needs to change something) to do with the SSL certificate.  There is nothing more we can do to assist.  You need to get someone to look into the SSL issue and resolve it, at which point the problem disappears.

Children
No Data