This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Date Format Change

Is there a way to change the date format from the default of MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MMM/YYYY, example being today's date of 18NOV2016?

Cheers.
  • Former Member
    Former Member
    M-Files uses regional settings date format on the server / client.

You can force a format through server registry setting.

if the property is a text property, you could do some formatting with automatic value or validation script, but then it would be flat text.

• Former Member
    Former Member
    When e-mail is sent via workflow (Send notification) - in message Subject date is shown correctly - according regional settings. But in the Message body we get mm/dd/yyyy. Is it bug or feature?
  • Former Member
    Former Member
    We create an automatic filename and use the "simple concatenating of properties". One of these properties is of a data type: Date.

If we use the property by itself, the date is displayed in the format dd-mm-yyyy (the correct format in our region), however, in the filename it is displayed as mm-dd-yyyy.
    How can we change that?
  • Former Member
    Former Member
    Use Calculated value with vbscript sth like this:

-----------------------------
    Option Explicit

' Get Document date.

Dim szDatums
    szDatums = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty( 1185 ).TypedValue.DisplayValue

Dim szMonth
    szMonth = MONTH(szDatums)
    Dim szYear
    szYear = YEAR(szDatums)

' Create title.

Dim szName
    szName = "MyReport - " & szYear & "." & szMonth

' Set result.

Output = szName

------------------------------

• We create an automatic filename and use the "simple concatenating of properties". One of these properties is of a data type: Date.

If we use the property by itself, the date is displayed in the format dd-mm-yyyy (the correct format in our region), however, in the filename it is displayed as mm-dd-yyyy.
    How can we change that?

Automatic values are calculated on the server so they will use the date format settings of the server machine. Check the regional settings.
  • Former Member
    Former Member
    I have the same problem. In my dev environment I have everything is on the one machine and the regional settings are dd/mm/yyyy but when I use a date in an auto calculation it changes to mm/dd/yyyy so it looks like the auto calc isn't honouring the regional settings.

To get around it I use a VB calculated value where I can split the date apart and rebuild in the desired format

Ian
  • Former Member
    Former Member
    Thanks everyone,

I don't have sufficient access rights to write script but i will ask our IT support to see if he can find where to change the regional settings on the servers.

Thanks!
    Helga
  • Former Member
    Former Member
    on the server, change:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Motive\M-Files\{version}\Server\MFServer\ExternalFileMonitor
    DWORD: DateLocaleLCID
    Value: LCID code of the desired locale (msdn.microsoft.com/.../bb964664.aspx) something as en-GB

Reboot the server or MFServer process.
    If the key doesn't exist, you have to create it.
  • Former Member
    Former Member
    Hi, that's great. Thanks for passing this one.
    I'll get our IT guys to change that.

Cheers, Helga
  • Former Member
    Former Member
    Hi, we tried this but no luck...

Is there anything else we can try?