The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Metadata card required field

Hi All,

We have objects with workflows and automatic state transitions that are in various stages of workflow.
When our metadata requirement for object changes - for example we add an additional property and make it mandatory the only way to make this work without causing existing objects to fail transition is by using metadata card configuration. If the property is set as required for that class, automatic transitions fails.
We need the required property to be made mandatory at the first stage of workflow only.
So the rule is set up to filter the state and make the property mandatory. This does not work.

Is there a bug or something i might have missed?

thanks

Parents
  • Metadata card configurations are a client feature, only applied when the metadata card is displayed to the user, so they do not affect any server-side operations such as automatic state transitions. There is more information about this in the introduction of the metadata card configuration guide.

One option you could try is to set a post-condition for the workflow state, e.g. " is not empty". I haven't tested how this affects automatic state transitions, though.
  • Hi Joonas I have a similar problem:

I have a similar problem with some mandatory properties, when the user transition to another WF state, the Mandatory fields are not been considered, I have checked many times the MetadataCard, the filter is the state, and the properties Are:

Additional: yes

Required: yes

Read Only: no

Is Hidden: no

This happen with multilists, text, or any other property, and the user can complete the transitions with empty values.

Do you know if there is a misconfiguration known or is a bug?

• It's a known limitation if the user makes the transition from the task pane instead of the metadata card. Any hard business rules should be enforced with server-side checks even if you have metadata card configurations for enhanced usability. From the configuration guide:

• Thanks you Joonas, I'll fill my workflow with Scripts to enforce the Business WF security, thak you very much!

Reply Children