This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

M-Files New Web Client authentication

Hello,

In the old web client, users could authenticate using their e-mail address and domain password.

In the new client, I see that this does not work anymore, the user should type their domain\user in the username field.
Will authentication using e-mail address be restored?

Also, in the old web client there is a button to switch vaults which is missing in the new web client, which makes it hard to switch vault. The user has to logout in order to choose a different vault.

Regards,
Radu

Parents
  • Yes it is currently planned to add or restore all the methods of authentication that worked in the classic web client, though we don't have an ETA on when that will be completed.

• https://community.m-files.com/forums-1552881334/f/best-practices/5550/sick-of-standard-support-question-my-m-files-login-does-not-work

Just another reason perhaps :) 

Of course it's not all the same - alternative were available UIX interface. I've just manipulated the login mask - but I would have to restore it after each update. Then I could give a login hint within it.

Users make errors - last reason was usage of DOMAINNAME/USERNAME instead of DOMAINNAME\USERNAME

This is not common to "normal" users. Ok I could enforce implementing SSO from windows login - but the majority of Java / JavaScript / PHP developers - and of course design, sales, marketing - they all use MacBooks including CEOs. I guess backslash is not that common there Slight smile

I guess in VAFExtensions I would have implemented it already to get rid of the support requests "login does not work" (using USERNAME or DOMAINNAME/USERNAME or apply for a second AD-account).

Config parameter + adapting login logic form classic web? 

• https://community.m-files.com/forums-1552881334/f/best-practices/5550/sick-of-standard-support-question-my-m-files-login-does-not-work

Just another reason perhaps :) 

Of course it's not all the same - alternative were available UIX interface. I've just manipulated the login mask - but I would have to restore it after each update. Then I could give a login hint within it.

Users make errors - last reason was usage of DOMAINNAME/USERNAME instead of DOMAINNAME\USERNAME

This is not common to "normal" users. Ok I could enforce implementing SSO from windows login - but the majority of Java / JavaScript / PHP developers - and of course design, sales, marketing - they all use MacBooks including CEOs. I guess backslash is not that common there Slight smile

I guess in VAFExtensions I would have implemented it already to get rid of the support requests "login does not work" (using USERNAME or DOMAINNAME/USERNAME or apply for a second AD-account).

Config parameter + adapting login logic form classic web? 

Children
No Data