This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Slow display menu

Hello,

I don't know why but when we navigate through M-Files, the menu on the left and on the right disappear and reappear.

Thats a problem because all the navigation is slow..

Here a video:

Did you know why ? It's because i enable the compliant application ?

Best regards

Parents
  • I think this may be best to bring up with support (support@m-files.com).  They will need to know your M-Files client and server versions, as well as what UI applications you have installed on the vault (including versions).

• Hello,

I made some tests and I finally think that's a "normal" reaction.
    1. With the application enable : all get slower
    2. With the application disable : all get faster
    3. With the application enable but without any configurations : all get slower
    4. With another application (Theme editor) : all get slower
    I would like just to know if other peple have the same reaction ?

Because i test with the compliance kit desactivate and all is working faster....

Best regards

• Before "fast browsing", navigation through the vault (e.g. going into a view) would cause large parts of the UI to be re-rendered.  In technical terms, the "ShellFrame instance and everything it held was decommissioned and a new one - for the new view - created in its place".  That meant the top bar, task pane, right-hand tabs, listing area, (etc.) were all re-created and re-rendered.

This changed with fast browsing.  Provided all UIX applications in the vault are fast-browing-compatible, the ShellFrame is not recreated.  This means that the only section which changes is the central listing.  This can bring quite significant performance increases.

The Theme Editor on the catalog (2.1.30.3) states that it is fast browsing compatible: M-Files Theme Editor | M-Files Catalog.  What version are you testing with?

The Compliance Kit does not currently say whether it is fast browsing compatible: M-Files Compliance Kit | M-Files Catalog.  I know that it is being actively worked on, but it may not yet be released.

---

I just want to be clear about the logic in which fast browsing will be enabled.  Fast browsing is only enabled if all UIX applications in a vault are updated, which can only be done if your server (and all your clients) are running compatible versions.  If any UIX application - even just one - is not fast-browsing-compatible then fast browsing is disabled on the vault.

• Before "fast browsing", navigation through the vault (e.g. going into a view) would cause large parts of the UI to be re-rendered.  In technical terms, the "ShellFrame instance and everything it held was decommissioned and a new one - for the new view - created in its place".  That meant the top bar, task pane, right-hand tabs, listing area, (etc.) were all re-created and re-rendered.

This changed with fast browsing.  Provided all UIX applications in the vault are fast-browing-compatible, the ShellFrame is not recreated.  This means that the only section which changes is the central listing.  This can bring quite significant performance increases.

The Theme Editor on the catalog (2.1.30.3) states that it is fast browsing compatible: M-Files Theme Editor | M-Files Catalog.  What version are you testing with?

The Compliance Kit does not currently say whether it is fast browsing compatible: M-Files Compliance Kit | M-Files Catalog.  I know that it is being actively worked on, but it may not yet be released.

---

I just want to be clear about the logic in which fast browsing will be enabled.  Fast browsing is only enabled if all UIX applications in a vault are updated, which can only be done if your server (and all your clients) are running compatible versions.  If any UIX application - even just one - is not fast-browsing-compatible then fast browsing is disabled on the vault.

Children