This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

German "Aktenplan" (file plan e.g. for file references) implementation with Real Object Type Hierarchies

Thank you for this documentation page:

https://www.m-files.com/user-guide/latest/deu/creating_an_object_based_hierarchy.html

Can be also used for document categories according to a typical German "Aktenplan" - like below for a HR record with numbered registers, top folder and optional sub folder - or more complex for generating the file references according to a file plan of our State Administration: https://mi.sachsen-anhalt.de/fileadmin/Bibliothek/Politik_und_Verwaltung/MI/MI/3._Themen/Landesorganisation/Aktenplan_Stand_31.03.2021.pdf  (see e.g. page 6)

Next step would be to open a "file" of an employee and show the structure as an expandable tree as a type of a list view where every entry shows if already enties exist or not. - I know - that is not the M-Files mindset but the mindset of all public administrations and organisations in Germany and many companies. This could be also handled in M-Files if a specific view would exist for it - as OpenText offers it I saw at a Fraunhofer Institute in Halle. --- I think a simple graphical component could close the gap between both worlds without changing M-Files completely.

Is this really typical German - or do also companies, organisations and administrations of other countries (still) work in this way?

Parents
  • I've only heard of anything like this mentioned by colleagues working in the DACH area where it seems to be a common requirement. If you want to discuss this in more detail, I recommend that you raise this with your Channel Account Manager  our DACH team should have the best knowledge on the Aktenplan requirements and how M-Files can meet them.

• I've only heard of anything like this mentioned by colleagues working in the DACH area where it seems to be a common requirement. If you want to discuss this in more detail, I recommend that you raise this with your Channel Account Manager  our DACH team should have the best knowledge on the Aktenplan requirements and how M-Files can meet them.

Children
No Data