This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I created a simple Taskbar for Switching Views

Hey guys,

as my task area became a little bit cluttered with all these custom command buttons, object creator buttons and views I decided to create some kind of taskbar / tabbed interface to switch between standard views..

It is not acually switching views in a single window but opens the view in a new maximized window, except a window with this view loaded is already open, then it brings the window up and maximizes it..

So you can basically open a view with it or retrieve it from background and it is very quick to switch between two views cause you can have them open all the time..

Used Rainmeter for the Iconbar and AutoHotkey for window detection and management and opening the views..

Update: Download link and HowTo added!

Parents Reply Children
  • A simple Shortcut Bar for M-Files built with Rainmeter and AutoHotkey

Example shows links to startpage, M-Files Admin, different views and actions CheckIn, CheckOut, show properties and Windows Lock User

Download

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av_9XRlksh5ajdZ1ewaNTQjdEHtSnw?e=SHLDbA

PW: "mfcommunity"

I bundled the portable variants of the following tools:

https://github.com/rainmeter/rainmeter/releases/

https://github.com/Lexikos/AutoHotkey_L/releases

If you decide to install them, you only need the skins folder from my zip archive.

For the following procedure you don't have to install these tools, everything is included in the zip archive.

Get started

1) unpack zip-file

2) associate one of the ".ahk" files in "\Rainmeter\Skins\mf" folder with the "AutoHotkeyU64.exe" in "\Rainmeter" folder

AutoHotkey is not needed when you compile the .AHK scripts to an .EXE, but I left it like that so you can look into it

3) customize "\Rainmeter\Skins\mf\skin.ini"

- DriveLetter

- VaultName

- ViewXCaption 'this is the name of the view / window title, for startpage use "home", this is also used as the button caption which is shown when moving mouse over the button

customize more options if you want..

4) optionally replace the icon files in "\Rainmeter\Skins\mf" folder, you can use M-Files .ico files

5) start "\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe"

You can drag the Shortcut Bar wherever you want and then lock it (see Help Section)

Help

Problem: I don't see anything after launching Rainmeter.exe

Solution: Right click Rainmeter (waterdrop) icon in windows tray menu and select skin

Tip: You can set more options like transparency, lock position and more:

Disclaimer

Don't expect much programming skills here, this is more like a mockup but I think even in this stadium it is usable and usefull but I believe this could be done much better and with more features like pinning views directly from M-Files, showing opened views and so on..

Button Scripts
    save as .ahk and link in skin.ini
    M-Files Admin
    #NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
    ; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
    SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
    SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

MFWindowTitle = M-Files Admin

IfWinExist, %MFWindowTitle%
    {
        WinActivate ; Use the window found by IfWinExist.
        WinMaximize ; Same as above.
        return
    }
    Run, "C:\Program Files\M-Files\21.10.10725.5\ServerTools\MFAdmin.msc"
    WinWait, %MFWindowTitle%,, 10
    if ErrorLevel
    {
        return
    }
    else
    {

WinActivate ; Use the window found by IfWinExist.
        WinMaximize ; Same as above.
        return
    }
    CheckOut File
    #NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
    SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

Send !{Esc}
    Send ^o
    return
    Show Properties (Meta Data Card)

Send !{Esc}
    Send !{Enter}
    return
    Have fun Smiley