This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vault locks up on search for single user

This morning after the Jan22 update I have one user who when entering a search for a single vault, M-Files/Explorer locks up.  If he switches to another vault, searches are fine.  Switch back to the vault in question and it freezes as soon as he enters a character in the search box.

I have cleared the local cache for the vault, did not help.

Tried removing the vault, destroy local data, Add vault.  Same issue.

Any suggestions?

• OK after more screwing with this, I wish I would have gotten a screenshot.  In his search filters, everything was checked and there was a whole new section that said something like "Your Filters" and all of them were checked with lock icons.  There was an icon I had never seen before with a lock and a "refresh" button.  I managed to click that before it crashed again and on the next reload of M-Files the vault worked as expected.

Strange, again, wish I would have gotten a screenshot.

• This sounds like a bug with an infinite search loop we have under investigation. The fix should be in the next update, but please note that this is reckless leaking of inside information, not an official promise. Look for bug id #162247 in release notes to see when it is fixed.