This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bulk Destroy Deleted Items

I switched to a new Employer that has been using M-Files longer than my previous employer.  I've found that the deleted items have never been destroyed.  Around 10 years of deleted items sit out there.  What's my best approach to clearing all of this out.

At my previous employment, I had a view of deleted items older than 1yr and then I'd just check that monthly and kill off items that were older than a year.  Here we are talking tens of thousands of documents...

• Haven't tried but it should be possible to do that using Replication, One Time Export. There you have an option to Destroy exported objects after export. You would just have to manually delete the export package on the server afterwards. It may also be necessary to run Verify and Repair (Thorough) on the vault to clean up and release disk space.

The above setting will export all deleted items. You should be able to add a setting under Properties based on DaysFrom(Deleted) > 365 or whatever is relevant in your case. Please test before executing!

• This is the solution I went for. Its pretty quick and can be automated with export options! Or maybe M-Files could implement in Advanced Vault Settings toggle for destroying objects after certain time.

• Thank you!  I'll give it a go this weekend, test some of the early years and then do a big one when I'm confident in how long it takes.