This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Importing client settings

I used to be able to add the vault settings via a logon script. I just exported the vault setting to a .reg file and the script reimports back when it runs.

When the script runs now all the keys are added and the vault connection can be seen in the client but when the users opens MFiles the folder is empty as if no connection was defined.

If I test the vault connection it check ok and then the vault opens without issue. Looking at the registry the only thing that changes is new key called GUID is made. Is this something new? Can I just add this key with a random GUID?

I also exported the keys from a working connection, removed form the client and just readded the .reg without success. The vault settings are per user if that matters.

I have no idea when the last time the script worked as this was not used during the covid lockdowns and we only started using it this week. It worked fine prior to that.

Thanks

• If you mean ServerVaultGUID for the vault connections, that's the vault's GUID that you can see in the vault properties in M-Files Admin and also if you open the desktop settings for a working vault connection. Haven't heard of any changes in this regard in past releases.

The vault connection settings are described in Installing M-Files Desktop, M-Files Server, and M-Files Admin with Advanced Options.

• Hi Joona,

No, the sever GUID is OK. There is another GUID in there.

Here is the export after the .reg file import

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Motive\M-Files\22.6.11534.5\Client\MFClient\Vaults\MELDOC01]
    "ID"=dword:00000002
    "InfoTip"="Browse to this folder to view the contents of this document vault."
    "ProtocolSequence"="ncacn_ip_tcp"
    "NetworkAddress"="MELDOC01"
    "Endpoint"="2266"
    "Secured"=dword:00000001
    "ServerVaultGUID"="{37FF751C-A23F-4233-BD8B-243834E67731}"
    "ServerVaultName"="OAA"
    "AuthType"=dword:00000002
    "AutoLogin"=dword:00000000
    "HTTPProxy"=""
    "SPN"=""

If I run the "Test connection to vault" and look at the regestry again I get this

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Motive\M-Files\22.6.11534.5\Client\MFClient\Vaults\MELDOC01]
    "ID"=dword:00000002
    "InfoTip"="Browse to this folder to view the contents of this document vault."
    "ProtocolSequence"="ncacn_ip_tcp"
    "NetworkAddress"="MELDOC01"
    "Endpoint"="2266"
    "Secured"=dword:00000001
    "ServerVaultGUID"="{37FF751C-A23F-4233-BD8B-243834E67731}"
    "ServerVaultName"="OAA"
    "AuthType"=dword:00000002
    "AutoLogin"=dword:00000000
    "HTTPProxy"=""
    "SPN"=""
    "GUID"="{76184589-2292-431E-BFC4-DC8E3F4F8430}"

After the GUID gets added the connection will work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Hmm, no idea. It seems this is not exported when you export the connections from M-Files Desktop Settings. Perhaps the support team (support@m-files.com) would know more about this.

• On the off chance it is somthing about me, can you please export a connection - remove it from the client - reimport it and see if it actualy works?

Thanks

• Yes, it worked, although I had to restart the M-Files Client service after reimporting. And my connection was under HKLM.

• Sorry Joonas,

It looks like rebooting the computer after importing the .reg file fixes the issue. I cant remember having to do that before, but it now works anyway.

Thanks

• I think that could be the diffrence. I need these to be per user and I used to only to LM before..

Thanks again