This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Changing the icon of an user-defined Class

Hello everyone,

In all of our vaults we are changing the default icon of the classes under the Document object type. It seems more user-friendly and helps the users to easily distinguish the classes.
The icons we are choosing from are from the list of already available icon in M-Files - no custom icons have been added.

We are changing the icons in the following menu:

Metadata Structure (Flat View) -> Value Lists -> Show All Value Lists -> Classes -> Properties -> Contents -> Change icon

The change of the icon then applies to:

• views where the docs of this class can be seen (M-Files Desktop);
  • in the metadata card where the Class property can be seen (M-Files Desktop);
  • in the Create button list of classes (M-Files Desktop)
  • ...and maybe somewhere else but I can't recall at the moment

The problem is that there is one vault in which the change of a class icon doesn't apply to the Create button list.
When changing an icon in this vault - it changes everywhere else but not in the list of classes which can be seen from the Create -> document menu.

Example of a successful change in another vault:

I checked the settings and all of them seem to be the same as in the other vaults.
I tested with different computers, different user accounts, cleared the cache of M-Files Desktop, reapplied all the icons in this vault but nothing helped.

Searched the documentation and the forum for something similar but I couldn't find more information.

I'd be grateful if you share any ideas how to make the change apply in the Create menu.