Object Creator: Add created object to document collection

Hi

I'm creating a new document 'Proposal' based on a template using Object Creator.

The source for the action is a document collection.

How can I include the created document as a member into the document collection?

I tried 'Set properties' using 'Member of collection (Document Collection)' --> Dynamic Value --> {Self()} but this won't include the document as a member to the source document collection, it will only link to the document collection.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Peter

Parents
  • Hi,

i beleive this is how this works:

In the "Create"-Tab under "Add properties":

Add Property definiton: "Member of the collection(Documents)" (sorry, i do not know the exact englisch name for this property)

and then in the "Set properties Tab":

Add property value: "Member of the collection (documents)" -> Dynamic value -> Self{}

Kind regards,

philipp

• Thanks for your sugesstion, but I already tried this and it gives an error when I hit the command button:

Did this work on your end?

• Hi, 

sorry for the late answer, i thought the answer i gave was the solution i did not test it.

Since i've had a case with where i needed this myself, and my Idea did not work.

So i did some thinking and found a solution. Thought i'd share it with you if this is still a problem.

You need to configure Managed properties and Object creator for this to work. 

I'll start with Managed properties:

Property: Member of the Collection(Documents)

Object typ: Document collection

Class: [Class of the Document collection]

Reference Property: Document collection (this is the predefined value from m-files but without the "Member of" part)

Now the Object Creator:

Set the Source, and basic create rules.

Now in the "Add properties" tab you need to put "Documentcollection" (this once again is the predefined value from m-files without the "member of"

Then in the "Set Properties" tab you need to put: "Documentcollection" (this is the property we added in the add propertie tab) with the Mode "Dynamic" and value is "self()"

This worked for me. If anything is unclear please let me know. 

Kind regards

Philipp

• Hi, 

sorry for the late answer, i thought the answer i gave was the solution i did not test it.

Since i've had a case with where i needed this myself, and my Idea did not work.

So i did some thinking and found a solution. Thought i'd share it with you if this is still a problem.

You need to configure Managed properties and Object creator for this to work. 

I'll start with Managed properties:

Property: Member of the Collection(Documents)

Object typ: Document collection

Class: [Class of the Document collection]

Reference Property: Document collection (this is the predefined value from m-files but without the "Member of" part)

Now the Object Creator:

Set the Source, and basic create rules.

Now in the "Add properties" tab you need to put "Documentcollection" (this once again is the predefined value from m-files without the "member of"

Then in the "Set Properties" tab you need to put: "Documentcollection" (this is the property we added in the add propertie tab) with the Mode "Dynamic" and value is "self()"

This worked for me. If anything is unclear please let me know. 

Kind regards

Philipp

Children
No Data