View over multiple objects

Hi M-Files and community, 

I have a specific requirement to adapt existing views to contain details of other object types (others than Documents) due to need to show only metadata and not documents.

So, I was able to use reporting module, export sub-set of needed metadata, import those metadata into separate object type. This works well.

Now, I am struggling to adapt my views. The views usually read documents from specific workflow state (e.g. Released), I've tried to map information about workflow state in this new object, using the built-in "State" property (ID: 39), this one we use in filter of the view. This is unfortunately failing as it seems that I can not update built-in property on object type.

I've then created additional "State" property e.g. "Workflow State (Filter)" and this mapping works well. One step forward :).

Nevertheless, I have problem now with adapting filter in views, this is filter logic:

Class one of "<Original Document Class>, <My New Object Type without document ONLY METADATA>" AND

State = ''<specific state>"

Now I have additional metadata "Workflow State (Filter)" that I have to use in filter. Unfortunately, filter logic in views is bound by "AND" operator.

Do you have an idea or see better way how to do this?

Thanks.

Dejan