Is there a way to group by hierarchical value list by a specific hierarchy level?

Hi,

I have a 3-level labeling system implemented as a Value List that controls rights and categorizes customers documents in their respective sectors and subsectors ie. P6, P6.1, P6.1_M1.

What I can do is make a view that includes all documents that have one of sectors X1 or any sub-, or sub-sub-sector, and under that view make another that includes a more specific one. But what I want to know is there a better way of doing this since the hierarchy already exists, without scripting. Normally the view within a view option is fine, but the customer in question has a lot of sectors so that means a lot of work. And that is also why I originally moved completely away from class groups and made this labeling system. The only need is to group up to the second level.

Images are are super cropped so no possibly unwanted stuff is seen. Left is the value list, right is the group by said value list virtual folders that does not implement the hierarchy on its own.