How to allow the selection of the virtual folder to display in a view with a lot of virtual folders ?

Hi,

In a view with a lot of virtual folders (many more than the page limit), how could we allow any user to select the virtual folder to display, like admins can do, in a combo box ?
Only users with the privilege of managing shared views seems to have this feature.
Our users noticed this change in the behaviour of an old view after it has been lightly updated a few days ago.
[M-Files 22.12, Server & Desktop]

Thanks !

Parents
  • As far as I know the "Show only subfolders that were recently selected by the user" option in the grouping level settings should apply to all users accessing the view, so it's enough that an admin user enables the option for everyone. User guide: Grouping Level Advanced Options

If it doesn't seem to work anymore, you could try recreating the view or upgrading to the latest M-Files release in case there have been some fixes related to this in the releases this year. You can also contact M-Files Support in case there's a need for further troubleshooting.

• Thanks Joonas for your reply,

It's not a matter of showing the recently selected subfolders, but to allow the selection of a subfolder that is not accessible otherwise (not visible in the first and unique page of subfolders, because too many subfolders).
    Building a new view doesn't solve the problem.
    No information about this feature in the release notes.

If the problem persists after the next upgrade, I will contact the Support.

Thanks again !

NB : more details about the problem (in french), in case of someone has information ...

- what the admin see :
    (any user used to see the same things, but after the next update of the view, only users with the right to manage shared views can see this)

=> 

=> 

- what common users see (no selection button) :

• Alright, I misunderstood the issue. If it seems there has been a regression in how M-Files behaves, I do recommend working with M-Files Support to investigate.

Reply Children
No Data