Add "is a template" from a view

Hello,
I've created a view in which to find all the documents whose metadata ""is a template" = yes", by adding this property to the filters.
When I save a document in this view, this filter is not automatically used to save the document as a template.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Parents
  • Don't think that is possible. However, you should only have a limited set of templates. It should be OK to have to add the property manually on each item. I would not invest much time in automation on this front.

• I whole-heartedly agree with Mr. Lausten here - do not invest your time in solving this. Whatever you create will be somewhat of a work-a-round and work-a-rounds tend to make the solution less robust and will cause pain when managing the solution later.

However, if you absolutely, positively got to to do this, you can try the following:

- Add a helper property Force Template = Yes/No (or something similar)

- Make a MDCC rule to assign Is Template = Yes, if Force Template = Yes and Force Template as an additional property

- Add Force Template = Yes to all your current templates

- Add filter Force Template = Yes to your template view

- For neatness, you can hide the Force Template from users with MDCC

- Create a Property Calculator or CK Automatic Properties rule that assigns Is Template = Yes, if Force Template = Yes and vice versa (this is a backup for the logic and will make it a tiny bit more robust).

This might work :D - you have to test it yourself.

• I whole-heartedly agree with Mr. Lausten here - do not invest your time in solving this. Whatever you create will be somewhat of a work-a-round and work-a-rounds tend to make the solution less robust and will cause pain when managing the solution later.

However, if you absolutely, positively got to to do this, you can try the following:

- Add a helper property Force Template = Yes/No (or something similar)

- Make a MDCC rule to assign Is Template = Yes, if Force Template = Yes and Force Template as an additional property

- Add Force Template = Yes to all your current templates

- Add filter Force Template = Yes to your template view

- For neatness, you can hide the Force Template from users with MDCC

- Create a Property Calculator or CK Automatic Properties rule that assigns Is Template = Yes, if Force Template = Yes and vice versa (this is a backup for the logic and will make it a tiny bit more robust).

This might work :D - you have to test it yourself.

Children
No Data