change document workflow state from an other workflow

Hello team,

I need to change the workflow state of a document from another workflow once this document has been attached.

For example, I create an invoice and then create another proof of payment document.
once the proof of payment has been attached to its invoice, it needs to change state: from not used to already used.

so how do i trigger the proof of payment workflow to change state from the invoice workflow.

Your assistance please

Parents
  • As a general point I would avoid having separate workflows here.

Whilst it is possible to set the workflow and workflow state properties via script, M-Files will also try to validate that the move is "valid" (i.e. there's a valid transition from X to Y), which there never can be between workflows, so typically fails.  What's worse is that it may look like it's working during testing (as admins can do anything, and we often test as admins), but it fails as a normal user.

It's possible to get around this by tricking the system using automatic state transitions and things, but I stand by my point: I would avoid having separate workflows if at all possible.

• As a general point I would avoid having separate workflows here.

Whilst it is possible to set the workflow and workflow state properties via script, M-Files will also try to validate that the move is "valid" (i.e. there's a valid transition from X to Y), which there never can be between workflows, so typically fails.  What's worse is that it may look like it's working during testing (as admins can do anything, and we often test as admins), but it fails as a normal user.

It's possible to get around this by tricking the system using automatic state transitions and things, but I stand by my point: I would avoid having separate workflows if at all possible.

Children