This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Managed Properties in Compliance Kit

Hi all,

We really like using managed properties to link document of different document types based on specific properties. It works very well in bi-directional way and automatically link documents.

Recently, I have found out that automatic metadata links are made in context of the currently logged user. If I check the history of specific document where managed metadata is just updated, I can see that the new version is created in a name of a currently logged-in user checking the history. As this is actually done through backend configuration, I would expect that the new version is made by "M-Files User". This could be very confusing for end-users and especially problematic in audit logs.

Wondering why is this a case and if this is actually a bug.

D.

Parents
  • Hi Joonas,

Hm, that is kind of strange as managed properties are clearly configured on server side and are based on specific rules (e.g. matching properties). So, these changes should happen in case no one is currently log on. Users should get an update when they log on but it should be stated that this happened automatically through the system. The fact is that managed properties are updated automatically and no user really do it manually. I think that in history new version should be labeled under "M-Files" user as other automatic actions (e.g. automatic transitions based on precondition in workflows). I am not aware that manage properties need to be triggered by some logged in user, my understanding is that it happens automatically when conditions matches. Perhaps I am missing some point.

Thanks.

D.
  • Hi Joonas,

Hm, that is kind of strange as managed properties are clearly configured on server side and are based on specific rules (e.g. matching properties). So, these changes should happen in case no one is currently log on. Users should get an update when they log on but it should be stated that this happened automatically through the system. The fact is that managed properties are updated automatically and no user really do it manually. I think that in history new version should be labeled under "M-Files" user as other automatic actions (e.g. automatic transitions based on precondition in workflows). I am not aware that manage properties need to be triggered by some logged in user, my understanding is that it happens automatically when conditions matches. Perhaps I am missing some point.

Thanks.

D.
Children
No Data