This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hello, I would like ask, if there is possibility set property on source class within ObjectCreator configuration.

Obviously we are creating a new object, set properties on this object, but if there is chance set property on source to some value, after creating a new object. eg: set property on source object  "Status"=Solved

Thanks,
Petr

Parents
  • This is not directly possible with Object Creator: the module can only modify the new object(s) it creates.

However, you should be able to achieve this by using Object Creator in combination with the Managed Properties module:

1. Object Creator would create the new object and set one of its properties to point to the source object. You can use the self() placeholder in the Object Creator rule to fill in the source object information.

2. Based on this reference that Object Creator sets, Managed Properties can automatically add a reference the other way from the source object to the new object.

3. Finally the auto-calculation feature in the Managed Properties module can set the Status property on the source object based on the automatically filled property, using a rule such as "If Incident is not empty, then set Status = Solved"

I tried to illustrate the setup, taking the object names from your screenshot (hopefully they make sense):

I hope I explained it clearly. I didn't test the configuration myself so let me know if I have overlooked some details.

• Hello Joonas,

thanks you very much for your detailed explanation. it works!

Regards,

Petr

Reply Children
No Data