The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Autofill metadatacard values after choosing earlier option from the list

Hello,

I've been struggling with this problem for a while now and i would appreciate the help alot!

Customer wants that email (In finnish lähettäjän sähköpostiosoite) and phonenumber (lähettäjän puhelinnumero) information are automatically filled after choosing person from the list (atm chosed user is called Virpa Vähälä).

Phonenumber and email- informations are filled when person is created (Another object type and customer class called person).

Im kinda new with M-files (started working in this company less than 2 weeks ago). Slight smile

I Hope this question makes sense and i will offer more information if needed. 
Thanks!

Parents
  • For dynamic filling of the properties, see the instructions in Automatic Filling of Properties. The properties on the document must be the same as on the Person object for this to work.

If the properties are not the same (e.g. you have "Email" on the Person object and a different property "Sender's email" on the document) then alternatively you can look into the Managed Properties module in Compliance Kit (a separate add-on application). This auto-calculated values functionality would copy the property values to the document when the changes are saved to the server (ie. not dynamically when the user selects the person on the metadata card).

• For dynamic filling of the properties, see the instructions in Automatic Filling of Properties. The properties on the document must be the same as on the Person object for this to work.

If the properties are not the same (e.g. you have "Email" on the Person object and a different property "Sender's email" on the document) then alternatively you can look into the Managed Properties module in Compliance Kit (a separate add-on application). This auto-calculated values functionality would copy the property values to the document when the changes are saved to the server (ie. not dynamically when the user selects the person on the metadata card).

Children