This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Updating Properties for an object created with External Source.

Hi,

We have a vault that replicated. One is on our on premise server while the other one a replica on a server running in the cloud. We have connection issues on our physical location where the on premise server is and we needed a replica so we can continue working. Some objects we use are created from external source with some few properties updated manually by the user. When we update on the vault online, the changes to the properties do not sync to the on premise server until we disable the created from external source option. Is there anything we need to do to ensure these manual properties sync back to the on premise vault without disabling the external source option?

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Joonas, one question in regard to this:

• I have an installation where M-Files was standalone for a while and now objects need to be connected with an external source. So I thought I can set external ID via importer, but that returns an error.
    • Would the registry key you mentioned above solve this problem? Is a server restart needed? Since this is a live environment where I execute the test, it is not so easy to restart the server (requires support windows etc. etc.), so before I start actions it would be good to know whether this is the right strategy to set the external ID.

Thanks,

Beat

• I think the correct ID for setting the external ID with M-Files Importer is -1006, you are currently trying to set -1003. See the readme of M-Files Importer for these special IDs.

Even if you don't set the external IDs explicitly, M-Files will try to match the existing internal objects with the external objects based on their name when you enable the external connection. Of course, the names must be identical in M-Files and the external database and there cannot be duplicates for this automatic mapping to succeed, so setting the external IDs is a safer way.

• Very helpful answer, thanks. I tried -1006 and this works like charm.