This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

M-Files server user and external sources

Hello, 

I would like to know how I can hide the "M-Files server" users and the "external sources" user when choosing a user from the user list.

Thank you very much,

Parents
  • Not from the built-in Users list as far as I know. In many vaults it makes sense to create a separate object type such as "Employee" or "Person" which links to the user account and then have a property of type "Choose from list Employees" instead of "Choose from list Users". That way you won't see those system users in the list. This also allows you to filter out for instance people who have left the company, if you have a suitable property on the Employee object.

This might not be possible in all use cases (sometimes you may be forced to use the Users list) but something to consider.

• Not from the built-in Users list as far as I know. In many vaults it makes sense to create a separate object type such as "Employee" or "Person" which links to the user account and then have a property of type "Choose from list Employees" instead of "Choose from list Users". That way you won't see those system users in the list. This also allows you to filter out for instance people who have left the company, if you have a suitable property on the Employee object.

This might not be possible in all use cases (sometimes you may be forced to use the Users list) but something to consider.

Children
No Data