This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a "ClientSecretForMobile" available for OAuth configurations?

Hi all,

We have a slight issue where we want to use OAuth to authenticate using Azure AD. It has been running very well for a long time, but then I tried adding a "RedirectURIForMobile" to the configuration such that we can use the browser on the mobile for authentication instead of the embedded browser. When attempting to log in on the phone, it then prompted that a client secret was missing for it to work. I entered the client secret in "ClientSecretForMobile", but that did not work. Lastly, I tried to enter it into "ClientSecret", which finally made it work! However, adding the "ClientSecret" had the effect of messing with the authentication for M-Files Windows clients.

Is there a way to add a separate client secret to M-Files on mobile only?

Best regards

Frederik

• I discussed this with a colleague who knows these Azure AD configurations better and he wasn't aware of a separate setting for the client secret for mobile. His recommendation was to modify the configuration so that all clients can use the same client secret. You may need to modify how the redirect URI for the desktop client (http://localhost) is recorded in Azure AD: in the working configs that I have seen all the redirect URIs have been under the "Web" platform (and not for instance "Mobile and desktop applications", even though it would sound more logical).