This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update permissions

I'm have fixed our Automatic Permissions in the system(test). Is there a way to get the new permissions to apply? Currently documents have "This object" set to "Concurrent Users". I need This object" to be "Full Control for all Internal Users". I could go update manually, but there is over 500 documents.

Thanks Chuck

Parents
  • Hi cdaye90,

you might have probably solved this already, but for anyone wondering the same question... I understand this question in two ways, so I am just gonna answer to both my understandings and you can just choose whichever fits your actual question.

A) Any changes that happen to permissions are first put into a task queue. You can find this queue in the panel on the left in M-Files Admin.

Sometimes those permission changes may take a long time until they are applied (in my case it was a whole day one time), so if the permissions that you set are not immediately updated for users, don't worry too much, they will eventually get updated. 

B) To change permissions globally for a certain class, you should do these steps:

1) Open M-Files Admin
    2) Find the class for which you want to change the permissions in the metadata structure panel on the left
    3) Open the class properties
    4) Go to Automatic Permissions
    5) Tick "Restrict the permissions of objects that refer to this value" and then "Use Named Access Control List"

6) In the select menu you can either choose your own created Named Access Control List, or, in your case, choose "Full Control for all Internal Users"

It's in Czech, but you can see approximately which box I ticked.

After you choose apply it should ask you if you want to activate the permissions of all objects of this class, so just choose that option.

For any questions related to basic settings I recommend using the official M-Files site.
    Permissions and Automatic Permissions (m-files.com)

Have a nice day!

Dominik

• Hi cdaye90,

you might have probably solved this already, but for anyone wondering the same question... I understand this question in two ways, so I am just gonna answer to both my understandings and you can just choose whichever fits your actual question.

A) Any changes that happen to permissions are first put into a task queue. You can find this queue in the panel on the left in M-Files Admin.

Sometimes those permission changes may take a long time until they are applied (in my case it was a whole day one time), so if the permissions that you set are not immediately updated for users, don't worry too much, they will eventually get updated. 

B) To change permissions globally for a certain class, you should do these steps:

1) Open M-Files Admin
    2) Find the class for which you want to change the permissions in the metadata structure panel on the left
    3) Open the class properties
    4) Go to Automatic Permissions
    5) Tick "Restrict the permissions of objects that refer to this value" and then "Use Named Access Control List"

6) In the select menu you can either choose your own created Named Access Control List, or, in your case, choose "Full Control for all Internal Users"

It's in Czech, but you can see approximately which box I ticked.

After you choose apply it should ask you if you want to activate the permissions of all objects of this class, so just choose that option.

For any questions related to basic settings I recommend using the official M-Files site.
    Permissions and Automatic Permissions (m-files.com)

Have a nice day!

Dominik

Children
No Data