This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CDO Message Failing

Good Day All,

We have implemented a process that sends out emails using CDO in a workflow state. The setup has been working okay until recently.

We have tried ports 587 and 465 with no success. The port 587 returns a different error message 'The transport failed to connect to the server'

Below are the SMTP settings we are using in the workflow state script. The 'FromEmail' and 'Password' are variables.

Is there another workaround for sending emails with attachments via M-Files workflow transition?

Parents
  • The core issue here is that CDO is a very old technology.  I tried to search for some answers but it was difficult.  Basically: Exchange Online recently moved to requiring TLS 1.2, and CDO isn't using that so fails to connect to the server.  This page had some potential answers: Using CDO/SMTP/TLS in VB6 to send email smtp.office365.com mail server - Stack Overflow

Honestly: I think the best solution would be to move to the VAF and use .NET to send the emails.  Whilst even that may have some issues, the reality is that .NET is much better supported now than CDO, so you're likely to find some workarounds.  I appreciate the overhead in making such a change though.

• The core issue here is that CDO is a very old technology.  I tried to search for some answers but it was difficult.  Basically: Exchange Online recently moved to requiring TLS 1.2, and CDO isn't using that so fails to connect to the server.  This page had some potential answers: Using CDO/SMTP/TLS in VB6 to send email smtp.office365.com mail server - Stack Overflow

Honestly: I think the best solution would be to move to the VAF and use .NET to send the emails.  Whilst even that may have some issues, the reality is that .NET is much better supported now than CDO, so you're likely to find some workarounds.  I appreciate the overhead in making such a change though.

Children