External Database Connection to MS Access Database

Hello Guys

I'm trying to connect an M-Files Object Type to an external MS Access Database but I cant figure out how to configure the connection within the M-Files Connector. I'm using the new Connector, not the legacy one.

Biggest obstacle I face is the fact, that the MS Access DB is located on a different server than the M-Files Application Server. Both servers are within the same network and are abe to communicate with each other (on-premise installation). Does anyone have experience in that regard?

I tried creating an Access ODBC Driver on the server the MS Access Database Server is located and connecting from my M-Files Server to aforementioned Driver. After some research in some forums i'm still not sure which provider should be the right one. I tried something like this and tested multiple configurations:

I have no idea if even some sort of credentials are necessary, the guy supporting the access database assured me, i wont need anything to connect.

I cannot exclude that there are even firefall restrictions, which forbids the connection. If anyone has a working configuration which could guide me into the right direction, I would be really thankful to receive some inputs.

Thank you for your support and kind regards,

Thomas

Parents Reply Children
No Data